I love it when people say Mercury retrograde has no effect in the real world. Just yesterday I was on the phone trying to schedule an appointment to get my car serviced and the dealer’s computer went down. And then my postman went on a rampage about incorrect box numbers. And we were unable to get a payoff for a real estate closing which had to be delayed.
Elsewhere in the news:
- Facebook’s website went down on Thursday, creating panic for millions of addicted users.
- In New York City a power outage halted all subway trains and created delays for commuters.
- A Detroit airport lost power due to intense weather and all flights were interrupted creating massive delays.
- Cellphone carriers Verizon, Vodaphone and Optis experienced network issues, preventing calls by subscribers.
- A computer glitch in a Dallas jail mistakenly freed 25 prisoners.
- Target experienced nationwide cash register failures.
In other news Amazon, obviously lacking an astrologer on staff, released its new phone yesterday: the Amazon Fire. This is not generally something that is recommended during a Mercury retrograde period, so it will be interesting to see what comes of it!